Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Y-pipe clearance on a stock height car

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Y-pipe clearance on a stock height car

Was hoping to get some feedback on different catted y-pipes and their ground clearance. My car is currently at stock height and no plans for lowering springs. I am looking at headers and y pipes trying to determine what to get. I have heard that the ARH catted y pipe fits really well but was curious if there were other options that still provided good clearance? Wouldnt mind going with the 1 7/8 speed engineering headers but they do not offer a catted y pipe currently. I know most run the TSP catted y but have seen some threadss that point to really bad clearance. Any input would be appreciated here. Looking to keep the cats in an effort to minize the rasp with my soon to be installed GMMG catback.

Would a better solution be an ORY with a bullet in the I to minimize rasp? I read through the GMMG Rasp sticky and that seemed to be a pretty good option so maybe thats the route i should go. No emissions checks here in alabama but i also dont want to smell awful after driving the car. LOL
Old 06-05-2014, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Pacesetter headers and y-pipes offer plenty of clearance.

Quick Reply: Y-pipe clearance on a stock height car