Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

close up pic of 4150 throttle body with cable???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just finished my super victor/4150 install. I used the ls1 36" Lokar cable and fabbed it to work with the stock traction control/cruise control module. Lokar Cable part #TC-1000LSIU
Old 06-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am also doing a similair setup. I am trying like hell to use the original hood on my 65. That is the reason I went with this low profile K&N. Right now the original hood will fit. However, the throttle body arm strikes the bottom on the air filter.

I am wondering if I go with the recommended bracket, and lokar cable, can I just cut the throttle body arm so it will clear the bottom of the air cleaner?
Old 06-30-2015, 01:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Blanco
I am also doing a similair setup. I am trying like hell to use the original hood on my 65. That is the reason I went with this low profile K&N. Right now the original hood will fit. However, the throttle body arm strikes the bottom on the air filter.

I am wondering if I go with the recommended bracket, and lokar cable, can I just cut the throttle body arm so it will clear the bottom of the air cleaner?
Yes, you can cut the arm. I had to cut a 1/4" off mine so it would clear the air bell I have on my car now.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:56 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsZ28
Yes, you can cut the arm. I had to cut a 1/4" off mine so it would clear the air bell I have on my car now.
Good deal, I just ordered my pedal, cable and bracket. Should all be here by Fri.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soundengineer
Start a new thread instead of using somebody elses thread...

as far as a throttle cable....
you can buy the Lokar piece for the throttle cable bracket separately and then go to the dealership and buy a 99 Fbody Cable for a Non ABS Non Cruise control car....if you need a 4150 style carb end, then you can just go to orileys and but the carb end for about $5
cut the throttle cable off to the length you need it to be and put the carb end on it
otherwise, you just buy the Universal Cut to fit cable from Lokar with the end you need for the pedal side of it.

I had the CSR bracket....but its made for a Carb, not an EFI 4150
and it lines up like ****....
so I made my own bracket that lines it up correctly

This picture was from when my Motor was running with a 350 shot of nitrous.

You wouldn't still have the plans you used to make your bracket would ya?

Quick Reply: close up pic of 4150 throttle body with cable???