Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poly motor mounts with aftermarket k

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poly motor mounts with aftermarket k

Just wondering if anybody has had alignment issues with poly motor mounts with a midwest chassis kmember? The poly mounts I have were just in the stock kmember and lined up fine, they only have 2000 miles on them, but will not line up in the mwc k. My buddy got some mwc solid mounts and they line up fine.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would take one mount off and take it to the parts store and compare it to a stock replacement to see if there are any major differences. If not, that K might require their branded mounts which would be unfortunate. If differences exist then likely it is the poly mounts you have and maybe you just got away with it with the stock K. That's where I would start if you don't get definitive answers from someone running your same combo. Another thought - I have had many K-members that allowed for considerable adjustment/movement in installation. It may help to loosen all the bolts a little for wiggle room, mount it all up if you can, then tighten everything back down to instructed specs.

Good luck!
Old 10-02-2014, 02:23 AM
Teching In

Did you ever get your mounts to work? I just tried to assemble mine with stock rubber mounts and they're too wide to fit in the midwest k member....

I measured the stock openings at roughly 4 1/4" and the midwest chassis K member openings are 3 3/4"
Old 10-07-2014, 07:28 PM
9 Second Club

I have Poly mounts and a Midwest Chassis K-member, I've had no problems with mine. I've pulled and reset my engine a couple times they line up perfect every time.

Quick Reply: Poly motor mounts with aftermarket k