Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPIS mod to my LS6 intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by SCott5
Well this changes things kinda. IF there are no gains between a FAST 90 and a 92 and the tpis made more power than the fast 90, why not go tpis?
where did you see a tpis making more power then a Fast?
Old 06-20-2017, 06:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Thanks for the input guys! After more research it appears the "main argument" behind this idea is that it's not so much that the LS6 runners are not very capable as it is the opening to the intake. It seems up to around 6300 rpm that this is comparable to a Fast intake (with the Fast having only a slight edge in the last few hundred rpm) and maybe even a tad better down lower. How true it is well...I'm just not sure lol.
I know this is a old thread. But you are correct. The LS6 has good runners and plenty of plenum volume. You'll see the FAST guys post that the TB size doesn't matter. So they say the TPIS LS6 intake doesn't work. It's crap, it works fine. Now course you add cubes with larger heads and cam, then you might need a ported FAST. Oh BTW, the FAST 90mm and 92mm have 11 inch runners, the same as the LS6, and the port volume is a little bigger than a LS6, but not enough the make a huge difference. So a TPIS 90mm and a FAST 90mm or 92mm will show the same gains. TPIS charges $350 to mod your intake and $400 for a TB. But every shop sells the TB for about that price. Get one used. They're out there. Now the FAST is over $900, plus $300 or more for porting it, then add more for a TB. You're up to $1600!!! Sorry to bring up your thread, but i like what you were saying. Take care.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
where did you see a tpis making more power then a Fast?
I saw this thread and had to answer....Where did you see a FAST 90mm or 92mm make for power than a TPIS intake with a 90mm TB? And don't give me dyno Bull **** numbers. We drive on the street or the track. I never see guys say they knocked off 2 tenths or 3 tenths with the FAST. They only show dyno numbers. Who cares about dyno numbers. Not real drivers...only little boys that like to see a dyno number. I beat plenty off guys at Atco Raceway that had larger heads, larger cam, etc. And they came up to me asking how i beat them with a small cam, home ported 241's and a Vig. 3600. The LS6 has 11 inch runners, same as a FAST 92. About the same plenum volume. I agree the 92mm makes more power, but the FAST only makes about 15hp to 17 hp over a stock LS6. Adding a TPIS and TB will be close to matching a $950 FAST intake.
So thats over $900 for the intake, $300+ for porting, and a TB. But they can be found used to save some money. But thats over $1500 for an intake that mostly shows it power on a dyno, but that power for some reason doesn't show itself at the track or on a street race.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
just sell the LS6 and get a ported fast.
If you don't mind me asking...How much better did you do at the track after the FAST install? BTW, i couldn't care less about dyno numbers. I want to see your track gains...you know...the real world. Thanks i appreciate it.

Quick Reply: TPIS mod to my LS6 intake