Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default HELP! Please

My car isn't starting after my latest mods. I installed an LS6 intake, removed my egr & air, new plugs, wires, coil relocation, new air filter, all new goodies. I took my time installing everything, made sure everything was nice, go to fire up the car today, the first time i turned the key it just turned over and didnt catch. The second time it backfired real loud, so i obviously didnt try again right away. The third time it just cranked over again, i'm afraid to try anymore Any idea what the problem is? I tried turning the key to the on to get the lines filled up with fuel and everything, no luck. Any help would be great! I can't wait to drive my car again.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all you can do is double check to see that everything is plugged back in where its supposed to be. go back through everything. take it back apart again if you have to and make sure all the wires are hooked up. nobody here can tell you what the problem is, because we're not there to check, but its obvious that you either forgot to hook something back up, or hooked something up wrong because the car ran fine before you took it apart i assume... take a spark plug out and check to make sure its getting spark first. honestly, it sounds to me like a simple electrical plug.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Are you sure you have the big connecter that goes to each coil pack on the correct side?

Put a rag over the end of your fuel rail and push the shrader valve. Gas shoud squirt out. If it does, it's getting fuel...50% of your questions are answered right there.

Now check for spark. Retrace all your wiring...

It's all I can think of right now