Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can i remove driver side manifold with cat?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Default can i remove driver side manifold with cat?

yes or no would do. just looking to save wrench time instead of taking the trial/error route since my wrenching time is limited. the story: i just bougth a 2000 ss m6 and come to find it has a bad slave (concluded after master replacement/drill mod/leaking clutch fluid). in the midst of clutch repalcement (while the trans is down.. why not), i found a 13mm bolt on a manifold stud (should be 15mm). already rolling my eyes and turning carefully, just as you'd assumed, the stud starts turning with the nut when it got about halfway down. messing with that, i find a crack in the weld where the cat meets the pipe to the manifold flange. if someone who's been there could just let me know whether it's possible, i'd like to take the manifold/cat down to get the exhaust leak welded up for the time being and address the stud someoen else failed to address at some point for easy removal down the line. if it's not possible, i'll just wait until i buy and install a turbo k member to address the issue and live with the exhaust leak for the time being. nobody likes exhaust leaks. thanks in advance.
-beau
Old 02-11-2015, 11:59 AM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

You can get the manifold out easily enough. To drop the cat, you have to drop the Y-pipe - or cut the pipe and patch it up

Quick Reply: can i remove driver side manifold with cat?