Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla QTP cutout...questions???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla QTP cutout...questions???

I just got my electric cutout from QTP and i started to read the installation instructions and it says "the installation is exactly the same as changing the standard borla plates"???? So why would i need a cutout after the muffler taking place of a plate, so when the cutout is closed the right passenger exhaust technically would be closed so id be running exhuast only to the left driver side....and when its open itd just be like running no plates at all.......so why would ppl w/ borla get a cutout??......and if u do have borla can u act like u dont and just install it where someone would w/o borla??? Someone w/ borla are u pleased.....tell me how u installed it.....is it loud, not really..what?? NEED INFO!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 07:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

the reason to do it is it replaces the plates so just like a cut out you run full quite exhaust until you open it then its wide open without turning a nut or getting dirty or loosing plates
Old 06-08-2004, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a Borla and QTP. It does not go in after the muffler. The plates go before the muffler at the end of the tee. The branch goes towards the muffler. Just disconnect the pass side tip. 3 bolts. Put the QTP between the outlet of the tee and the tips, and install with the supplied longer bolts. Wire it up and your done. My switch is in the console. And yes it is damn loud open. I run with mine closed 99% of the time on the street, because I think all f-bodies sound like @ss with an open cutout. My car made about 6 more HP with the QTP open.

Bruce
Old 06-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Teching In

i just got the cutout itself...do i need a y pipe...ore a V pipe w/e u want to refer it as? Or does it just fit in like a plate....cause im pretty sure i looked under my car and the plate looked to be after the muffler on the passenger side exhaust...i could be wrong though
Old 06-09-2004, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It fits like a plate. The plate is on the passenger side, and that's before the muffer. The muffled outlet is on the drivers side.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Teching In

well i just got it installed and yes it is on the passenger side exhaust after the muffler...so basically when its closed it restricts that one side exaust which makes my car so much quieter and when its open its back to what it used to sound like....now im going to uninstall it and weld in a pipe before the muffler as a side pipe of my exhaust pipe like someone would normally w/o borla.....for future reference to borla owners and who want a cutout dont put it in place of the plate...its **** just order the whole rig and ignore what they try to tell you bout the special borla cutout