Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another "no start" problem (I've used the search)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another "no start" problem (I've used the search)

So I've got another Floyd starting problem that I need some clarification on. Cars an 01 z28, starter was replaced about 30k miles ago when the fuel pump went out and I burned up the starter. Car is not drove very often anymore, Went to start it, nothing, besides fuel pump prime and lights. Swapped another starter I know is good real quick, still nothing. Checked battery cables and grounds, all look good. Have a feeling it's vats/Key or clutch safety switch. (when it was my daily I would occasionally have to pump the clutch a couple times for it to turn over). I did hook it up to my predator and do not have any open circuits, trouble codes, or security light on, so Im hoping that will help me narrow the possibilities. I can't find my multimeter but I'm going to get another one and go from there.

I'm not very good at electrical diagrams and diagnostic but here are my questions. Once I find the ohm reading from the key and get the correct resistor, that will basically tell the car from that connection forward that it has the correct key, and will alleviate any key/ worn connection problems correct (if any)? If that doesn't fix the problem I'm going to move to the clutch safety switch and I believe I read I can disconnect that, and close that circuit with a piece of wire to see if that's problem as well correct? I know there's more than a few possibilities to stop the car from trying to over, any other directions are appreciated. I m gonna sell the car soon so I really just need to get it running with a short term fix for now.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

If the security light is not on, I don't think that would be the problem. I have auto's, so I have no idea about a clutch safety switch.

Quick Reply: Another "no start" problem (I've used the search)