Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UUC LSx Lightweight Flywheel question

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UUC LSx Lightweight Flywheel question

Hello All
I know I have seen posts previusly where forum members have used the UUC flywheel so I am hoping someone out there may be able to give me some info I have not been able to get from UUC.
I purchased a UUC LSx flywheel privately that had never been installed for my BMW LSx swap. When I tried to mate my T56 pressure plate to it the alignment pins are different. So I reached out to UUC with the hand scribed part number on the flywheel. First leeter is hard to make out but in corispondence with UUC it appears to be GMU-5557. So far they have not been able to provide any other info.
What I am hoping is someone out there can tell me the application (and maybe even the install guide) it was designed for so I can get the correct parts.
thank you

Last edited by Bmv8; 12-24-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

My question is: why would you use a BMW flywheel on a LSX conversion? Also, you don't give any information about what you are doing... Is it a LS1, LS2, LS3, LS7? What vehicle did the motor/transmission come out of? What vehicle is it going in?
Old 12-24-2015, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bad. The LS engine is an L33 from 06 Chev pickup. The trans is an F-body T56. And it is all being swapped into an 89 BMW 325
The flywheel is actually a LS unit that UUC made in limited quantities. Unfortunately they are having a hard time finding any information on it. All I know right now is the crank bolts are same but the alignment pins are not the same as the F-body pressure plate I have. So I was hoping someone out there might recognize the part number so I know what pressure plate and clutch to buy.
Thanks everyone

Quick Reply: UUC LSx Lightweight Flywheel question