Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird noise after header install??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Weird noise after header install??

Ok.Not sure what to do or where else to go to. I had headers installed with ory on my 02 Z28 (pacesetters???) non emissions.
Ever since that there is a weird noise, sounds like engine "knock" or "sucking" air, almost. I tried new wires and plugs. Nothing. My tuner cannot seem to figure it out either. He took a bit of timing out of it but still there.

ANYONE else have this problem? I am not sure if there is something that needs to be "plugged" from AIR sys removal on back of engine? Very hard to find pic of back of engine with AIR sys intact.

I am open to any an all suggestions. I am hopefully going to see tuner tomorrow?

I have had to retighten some of the intake bolts a couple of times. Couldn't reach very back of intake to see if they are loose?

Thanks for any an all input. Just not sure what it can be. To be clear the noise came AFTER header install.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have pacesetter lts and ory but the only knock type noise I experienced was the y pipe smacking the floor pan. My AIR pump still kicks on but it's not in use (I haven't taken it out yet) and makes a sucking noise but that's all I've experienced. If it's not those type of noises idk man.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I did forget to mention that I did remove fuse for the air pump.......
Old 01-08-2016, 04:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe the gasket didn't seal properly or was damaged? Leak from the header to y-pipe? Only things I can think off

Quick Reply: Weird noise after header install??