Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedmaster qualifier intake??? Anyone.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Speedmaster qualifier intake??? Anyone.

Anyone use one of these. Hot rod did an intake review l, and it seemed to do well.

Last edited by parrisw; 01-08-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:13 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

First off, please don't post links to non-sponsor sites.

Second, please pay attention to the section you're posting in. Questions about external parts, like an intake, don't belong in the Internals sections.

Lastly, Speedmaster is ProComp. Buyer beware...
Old 01-08-2016, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Sorry was merely using it as reference.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Well there are a few threads on here on this intake , and over on LS2 GTO site.The Speedmaster intake actually still has Pro Comp cast into on top on a pad. This is the same intake that Professional Products sells they call it Typhoon. The Typhoon is sold
as a package with fuel rails and and crossover. Just a few weeks ago I ordered both in so I could see both side by side to see if there are the same or not. With the exception of the name on the intake the Typhoon badge says Power Plus and the Speedmaster is just raw cast says Pro Comp. I took both out and measured TB opening and the intake ports and the we're the same. Even the gaskets appear to be the same material the Typhoon was green and Speedmaster was gray. IMO the gaskets are not something I would try to use on either. And I don't like the fuel rails that comes with the Typhoon just my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails Speedmaster qualifier intake???  Anyone.-img_20151215_182714.jpg   Speedmaster qualifier intake???  Anyone.-img_20151215_182704.jpg  

Last edited by omc8; 01-09-2016 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by omc8
Well there are a few threads on hear on this intake , and over on LS2 GTO site.The Speedmaster intake actually still has Pro Comp cast into on top on a pad. This is the same intake that Professional Products sells they call it Typhoon. The Typhoon is sold
as a package with fuel rails and and crossover. Just a few weeks ago I ordered both in so I could see both side by side to see if there are the same or not. With the exception on the name on the intake the Typhoon badge says Power Plus and the Speedmaster is just raw cast says Pro Comp. I took both out and measured TB opening and the intake ports and the we're the same. Even the gaskets appear to be the same material the Typhoon was green and Speedmaster was gray. IMO the gaskets are not something I would try to use on either. And I don't like the fuel rails that comes with the Typhoon just my opinion.
All that aside. How's the intake?
Old 01-09-2016, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by parrisw
All that aside. How's the intake?
Before I go any farther exactly what do you mean by..... All that aside. I just took the time to post some very important info for someone considering a purchase of this intake.

Quick Reply: Speedmaster qualifier intake??? Anyone.