Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom true duals with x pipe & cats delete...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 11:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default custom true duals with x pipe & cats delete...

ok, looking to get a true dual setup installed here in a few weeks, stock manifolds - no i am not installing headers. was thinking of deleting the cats & getting a frost tune, obviously with cat delete. should i expect a decent 15 whp/tq gain from stock exhaust to true dual with x pipe, cats deleted & tune by frost ? already have potz ported tb, lid & ssra
Old 01-20-2016, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a reason youre not doing headers? The price youll pay for a custom true dual set up you can easily buy headers, ory
Old 01-20-2016, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

$250 dual piped all the way back to tips over the axle 2.5 or 3" from my exhaust guy. i have headers just don't have the time/patience/mechanical skills to install myself & don't have the $450 for installation (price my exhaust guy would charge) at this time, and currently have no exhaust after cats (studs broke so can't put stock back on & sure sounds awesome & was fun for a few but cabin is just AHHHHH!!! - finally tired of it). i do have $250 at my disposal and need my cabin back to somewhat normal again so am just up in the air as whether to do exhaust from the cats back or to just take cats off.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

...kinda answered my own question lol searching around seeing that a catback & intake alone with frost tune is good for anywhere from 12-17. with the pretty good price (yes this is with mandrel bends - only shop out of about 25 in town with a mandrel bender) i don't think i can go wrong. i'm just gonna go for it i'll post results/thoughts after driving for a few days.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Get a cheap muffler and pipe run out the back like a v6 car for now to quiet down the car and make it street legal (just in case someone checks in your area).

Save up again and get eBay headers and true dual exhaust pre fabbed

Quick Reply: custom true duals with x pipe & cats delete...