Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent No-Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 03:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Intermittent No-Start

On my 02 Camaro Z/28 sometimes when I go to turn it over, nothing happens. No clicks or security light. Earlier today I just kept trying and held it once in the start position for about 5 seconds and it randomly fired up. What could this be? I have replaced the starter, starter relay, battery, and ignition switch. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Launching!

I also have this issue. It turned out my negative cable wasn't threaded all the way, but I still have issue from time to time.

I think that maybe the battery threads are a bit stripped, and sometimes contact might not be the best.

Anyone else chime in?
Old 02-23-2016, 11:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check to see if the Positive battery cable is corroded...mine was brutally corroded under the loom and under the rubber piece that connects to the battery. Like, I had 3 wire strands left and just pure white powder...

After replacing that wire....I still had the exact same problems on my LS1 (I say to look at that wire because it is a cheap fix and could be the problem still)

What you are describing happened to me and was the BCM, and I tried re-soldering the "T" inside of it like I have for my other 2 Camaros and I could not get the issue to correct itself, so it through me for a loop for months thinking it wasn't the BCM...went to the junkyard, grabbed a new BCM...problem solved, but I had to also do a VATS delete because they didn't have the key coding for me...
Old 02-23-2016, 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took 2 videos of stuff that was happening to me as well... not sure if anything in my videos is what is also happening to you... watch the whole thing maybe? I cut in different segments of different things that were happening and different times... like I said, I'm leaning towards BCM

This is when it was starting and dieing immediately:

This is when it went real haywire and would randomly give me lights, or no functions, or not do anything at all... Also when I locked myself in the car, because the locks triggered, then the mechanism stayed powered and you couldn't manually override the locks by hand...was funny at first then a little scary actually...

Old 05-16-2017, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

Your first vid is the same thing that is happening to me right now, did you ever get it fixed? If so, what was the issue?

Thanks

Last edited by superchargedZ; 05-17-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Has to be his bcm. Gauge cluster should never look like that with the odometer

Quick Reply: Intermittent No-Start