Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Upgrade Path

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 Upgrade Path

Hey everyone, I recently finished up swapping a 2004 CTS-V in to my BMW, and now am thirsty for even more power. I am looking for bolt ons I can do in the weekend, so no boring/stroking/porting and polishing yet. The car is used 90% for drift competition, and a little street driving to my shop on nice days.

Current mods are:
Spectre Escalade CAI (lol)
CXRacing Swap Headers
Granatelli Plug Wires
TR6 Plugs

I know I need to do the valvesprings ASAP, and I am looking at the GMPP Blues, however I want to make sure the valve springs will pair well with whatever cam I get.

I also know I should have done rod bolts when I changed the pan, as now the engine will have to come out to do them. Is it a bad idea to add more power with the OEM rod bolts? I am planning on pulling the engine out at the end of the season, but that won't be until October.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I wouldn't worry about rod bolts right now. I spin my ls6 to 7k every time I drive it. Others spin them even higher. The springs you mentioned won't handle a decent size cam shaft. I would decide what cam you want and then match the springs.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't fit golf clubs in a BMW without a picture how the the hell did you fit a CTS-V in one

Quick Reply: LS6 Upgrade Path