Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive Side - Blinker & Tail Light Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Drive Side - Blinker & Tail Light Issues

Hey everyone,

So I have done some serious searching on here, but my issue seems to be more complex.

First, my driver side blinker will not flash, it will only stay lit, this is even after I bought a brand new socket and replaced it with a new bulb as well. However, my passenger side works fine.

Second, my driver side tail light and my driver side third brake light will not light when you apply the brake. But if you turn on the headlights, they both will turn on. And of course, my rear passenger side taillight and third brake light works fine as well.

When you turn on the hazards, all the lights work fine. Should I just replace the thermal flasher and see if it fixes this? This all just happened so suddenly.

Please let me know what you think. Thank you all very much.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Weird. I'd start with the rear, checking bulbs and wires for fraying and grounding problems. Then maybe the steering column? Good luck.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like you have a wiring problem in the back drivers side and your third tail light bulb is out.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NineZeroFive
Weird. I'd start with the rear, checking bulbs and wires for fraying and grounding problems. Then maybe the steering column? Good luck.
Originally Posted by IDriveChevy
Sounds like you have a wiring problem in the back drivers side and your third tail light bulb is out.
Ah ****, lol. So since my passenger side blinker works, it would not be my thermal flasher being broke?
Old 06-21-2016, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
Ah ****, lol. So since my passenger side blinker works, it would not be my thermal flasher being broke?
Precisely. If you want to test just swap the emergency and signal flashers to confirm since they're the same part. I'd swap bulbs side to side too just for fun.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IDriveChevy
Precisely. If you want to test just swap the emergency and signal flashers to confirm since they're the same part. I'd swap bulbs side to side too just for fun.
Good call, I'm definitely going to do that.

Last question, the new socket that I wired in, it lights up and all. However, I may have connected one of the three wires to the wrong wire when I soldered them. I know one wire is positive, one is negative, the other is for the blinking functionality?

Quick Reply: Drive Side - Blinker & Tail Light Issues