Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 PS Pump Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 PS Pump Upgrades

Hi there,

new to this forum, I recently swapped my BMW an LS1, fitted a HydroBooster along with it and I've been having this issue with braking/steering as if there is not enough helping power. Sometimes it seems there is some air in the system but that's only when I try to brake and steer at the same time.

So, my guess is that the PS Pump isn't feeding the system enough quantity and pressure,,

My question is, are there any Bolt-On Upgraded Pumps?
Old 07-05-2016, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 504 Likes on 388 Posts

Give these guys a call.

http://www.turnone-steering.com/
Old 07-05-2016, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tinni77
Hi there,

new to this forum, I recently swapped my BMW an LS1, fitted a HydroBooster along with it and I've been having this issue with braking/steering as if there is not enough helping power. Sometimes it seems there is some air in the system but that's only when I try to brake and steer at the same time.

So, my guess is that the PS Pump isn't feeding the system enough quantity and pressure,,

My question is, are there any Bolt-On Upgraded Pumps?
welcome to the site and to the ls world.
Im not sure if this is your problem, but most hydroboost brake boosters prioritize braking over steering. Think of it like this, if you're on a steep hill with your foot on the brake, the power steering pump is sending most of its fluid to the brake Booster. So in that instance, you would have difficulty steering
Old 07-06-2016, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesimpalass
welcome to the site and to the ls world.
Im not sure if this is your problem, but most hydroboost brake boosters prioritize braking over steering. Think of it like this, if you're on a steep hill with your foot on the brake, the power steering pump is sending most of its fluid to the brake Booster. So in that instance, you would have difficulty steering
Thanks

Well, the pedal is semi-hard to press, and in my opinion very little braking force, then sometimes the steering starts to whine so there is some problem, are there some HB -geniuses at this forum ?

Quick Reply: LS1 PS Pump Upgrades