Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't go in first while at a stop

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Can't go in first while at a stop

So went to the track yesterday and after a couple of runs I realized I couldn't go in first after the car came to a stop engine running. Decided I better check my clutch fluid and flush it before I assume clutch is gone. Pulled some fluid out with a syringe and found a bunch of black build up in reservoir. Is this normal or something pretty wrong? Car and and clutch maybe has 5k miles on it after swap.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Not normal. You need to bleed the whole system until it comes out clean. Hopefully you have a remote bleeder already. If not, now would be the time to install one so the tranny doesn't have to be pulled next time you bleed.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Why would you have to pull the tranny to bleed it? It is a t56 Can you not just bleed using the valve coming off the slave cylinder. I have a hole drilled in my tunnel just for this haha did that by pushing the petal in and went through like half of a bottle of dot 4 just flushing it through. Not sure if I got air in the line but still doesn't seem to want to go into first while not moving :/

*definetely have air in line brb while I use JDM method of bleeding

Last edited by Cole Curtis; 07-16-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-16-2016, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, well if you've got the hole then you don't need to pull. I wasn't going to recommend cutting the hole though haha. May have to pull it anyway and check everything.

Quick Reply: Can't go in first while at a stop