Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I pulled the trigger on a WARR throttle body...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default So I pulled the trigger on a WARR throttle body...

And I must say it's nice. Went from an ls6 intake a ported stock tb, to a fast 102/ warr 102. The car is waiting on a tune, but it went together with no issues. My ONLY comment, would be the throttle spring is noticeably stiffer than my old stock tb, but other than that it seems ok. No hole in the blade but I assume that you could adjust the idle with the throttle stop screw. I'll report back when it gets a tune this week!

another thing. While i have your attention, my car is SD tuned, and I was told the car doesn't need to be tuned for the fast102 when you have speed density. I need a tune for injectors anyway, but any truth to this?

Last edited by Sail Hatan; 09-26-2016 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan

another thing. While i have your attention, my car is SD tuned, and I was told the car doesn't need to be tuned for the fast102 when you have speed density. I need a tune for injectors anyway, but any truth to this?
Huh? Speed density works by providing a fueling solution to a given calculated airflow based on an assumed volumetric efficiency in a MAP by RPM array. That volumetric efficiency constant changes when you allow more airflow into the engine by adding a FAST 102. If you don't change the VE table, you will run lean. The 02 sensors will likely keep up with the change at low throttle, idle and cruise, but not higher RPMs and WOT.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm sure it will work out well for you. I've talked to at least 4 different people that have recently purchased the WARR Performance TB's, and they've had no issues with them.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1970camaroRS
Huh? Speed density works by providing a fueling solution to a given calculated airflow based on an assumed volumetric efficiency in a MAP by RPM array. That volumetric efficiency constant changes when you allow more airflow into the engine by adding a FAST 102. If you don't change the VE table, you will run lean. The 02 sensors will likely keep up with the change at low throttle, idle and cruise, but not higher RPMs and WOT.
thats what I thought, but I'm car tuning illiterate.

Quick Reply: So I pulled the trigger on a WARR throttle body...