Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Rumbler TD

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 10:45 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TSP Rumbler TD

Looking to pick up a true duals system. Leaning more towards the Rumbler. Just wondering how loud it is in the car, and also if you can smell exhaust fumes? Not going to ask how it sounds because it won't be the same as in person. basically a review of the set up.

Thanks guys
Old 02-08-2017, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any dumped dual system is going to have some smell inside the car, less so if you're planning to run cats. But for less than 100 bucks more you could go with the speed engineering duals that exit out the back or for 100 less their dumped setup is very similar to the TSP kit. But without cats, expect some smell from dumps under the car. The over axle duals wouldn't be nearly as bad without cats.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

It's loud and you will get a smell in the car at stoplights. Not recommended for a daily but I love mine

Old 02-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the TSP Rumbler setup on my car. Obviously all answers will be subjective but I would say that, yes, the dumps are loud inside the car. I get a drone at about 1200-1600rpm. Under normal circumstances I don't mind it being loud because I don't normally have passengers but when there is a passenger it makes it harder to have a conversation if you are in the drone rpm. As for smell, I honestly never really notice anything. Keep in mind that if you are lowered you will rub, no getting around that. To ensure you don't have any exhaust leaks it would be wise to put some sealer on the lap joints, a shop owner in my town recommended Acousti-seal. I also replaced the band clamps that came with the kit for some Summit brand band clamps that are much wider and are specifically made for lap joints. PM me if you would like some links, i'm not sure I can post them in here. In the end though it does sound and look very good. Only thing that is not mentioned with the kit is that you will have to drill some holes in your floor board to mount the brackets for the mufflers. Nothing major that anyone would be able to see unless they are taking out your backseats and peel up the carpet.

Quick Reply: TSP Rumbler TD