Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cut outs

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cut outs

Hey guys so I'll be procharging my 98 camaro soon and I know I need a better exhaust. I like the fact that my car is quite for long road trips so I was thinking of keeping the stock exhaust and adding cut outs. Since I'm in california I have to keep my cats so I was thinking about putting a cutout behind each cat. Since the drivers side cat is right behind the manifold and the passenger side is a little further down the cutouts won't be in the same areas would that have any negative effects or is that fine? Also would that be like having a true dual setup since both side are dumped separately? Or would it be better to just to dump it right after the two sides merge before the axle with a single cutout?
Old 03-11-2017, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump!
Old 03-12-2017, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SSV8
Bump!
idk if I would put the cutouts right under where you sit. That might be a little too much. I had to run an open Y pipe for a while and I hated driving my car.

Id put the cutout as close to the rear axle as I could, and point it to the passenger side and out the back at an angle
Old 03-12-2017, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

So you are procharging it while keeping the exhaust manifolds and full stock exhaust?
Old 03-12-2017, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 214 Likes on 167 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

OP, since you are pro charging and keeping stock exhaust, you need to consider how the car is going to run when the cutout is closed. Probably better to redo the exhaust to maximize the benefits of the procharger while keeping it as quiet as possible.

Originally Posted by farmington
So you are procharging it while keeping the exhaust manifolds and full stock exhaust?
Are you on the bottle with Yank 3600 and 3.73's? How big of a shot?

Quick Reply: cut outs