Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSR Block

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LSR Block

Hi anyone currently using or heard of any problems with the new LSr block ? Thks
Old 06-20-2017, 09:34 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

We have built a few now. Only things we have noticed that seem to be common place is the lifter bores are slightly over sized and the lifter bores have less than a desirable finish from the manufacturer. Nothing we weren't able to correct though. Another issue we have ran into is the deck height being slightly low. Other than this we haven't had any other issues or complaints. Concept Performance has been very helpful with any questions, or concerns we have had.

Aaron @ Scoggin Dickey Parts Center
Email:Aaron387@sdparts.com
Phone: 1-800-456-0211 Ext: 324
Old 06-20-2017, 04:01 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Aaron at SDPC
We have built a few now. Only things we have noticed that seem to be common place is the lifter bores are slightly over sized and the lifter bores have less than a desirable finish from the manufacturer. Nothing we weren't able to correct though. Another issue we have ran into is the deck height being slightly low. Other than this we haven't had any other issues or complaints. Concept Performance has been very helpful with any questions, or concerns we have had.
Have you guys measured the cylinder length on any of them?
Old 06-20-2017, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info Aaron. I was planning on using an ls3 block with dart m.i.d. sleeves but saw this block while searching for some parts , so I'm trying to workout which option would the most cost effective. Yeah I know iron blocks are the cheapest way but I don't want the extra lbs that brings with it.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Also need to figure out which option will be the strongest of the 2. Any thoughts or opinions on this.

Quick Reply: LSR Block