Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST 92 installation hardware?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 06:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FAST 92 installation hardware?

I know this has probably been covered 300 times over and I've searched but found no definitive responses... please help if you can.

I just purchased a FAST 92mm intake and Nick Williams 92mm throttle body combo from a local vendor. It is a used combo. It did not include any hardware...I see FAST offers an install hardware kit but its upwards of $50, and I'm assuming a local Fastenal will have sufficient hardware. Also I can't find anyone who has the FAST hardware kit in stock and shipping estimation dates are well into August. I'd like to install ASAP.

Has anyone run into this issue and outsourced some hardware on their own? If so what size/thread bolts did you purchase so that I can go out and grab them myself. I know I'll need a different style valley cover fastener and probably just longer fasteners for the intake itself... I am reusing stock rails and my injectors/MAF. Anything else I should need/be aware of for the install? Coolant/PCV crossover blockoffs anything like that? This is going on a LQ4 shortblock with 243 heads and currently a stock ls6 intake/throttle body.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Stock intake bolts work, you dont need fast bolts, hell mine are new in a bag and Ive had two different fast intakes. Valley cover bolts need to be slim profile, can likely find those at a multitude of vendors.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:39 AM
9 Second Club

Thank you for the reply. I was assuming stock bolts would not be long enough but that makes things easy I'll pull a valley cover bolt and bring it to fastenal and look for a flat or very low profile fastener. If I remember correctly there's a coolant crossover in the stock throttle body...doesn't look like there's provisions for that on my nick Williams....anyone know the easiest fix for that?
Old 07-19-2017, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Get a barb fitting and connect the hoses together. Can get a brass one at home depot.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

Valley is button head m8 x 1.25 x 30
Old 07-19-2017, 06:29 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Get a barb fitting and connect the hoses together. Can get a brass one at home depot.
Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Valley is button head m8 x 1.25 x 30
Thank you so much to both of you guys, your help is greatly appreciated. Looks like I'll have this thing installed by tomorrow, and then I'll just toss the new 92mm nitrous plate on when that shows up in the mail few days later, easy enough to just pop the TB back off quickly for that. I'm anxious to get it installed if you can't tell, the average person would just wait for the plate but I'm somewhat impatient. Staring at new go-fast parts in my garage for too long raises my blood pressure.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

...funny...my FAST 92/NW TB combo sat in my garage for 1.5 years before I got around to installing it. Mainly because I didn't want to deal with the SES light while I waited to find the time to go and get the EGR tuned out since I have a '98. The SES light would have bugged me more than having the parts sit there until I could do it all at once

Quick Reply: FAST 92 installation hardware?