Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What could be the issue with this No crank No start?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What could be the issue with this No crank No start?

I have a 2001 Trans am. Its still factory stocked for the most part outside of replacing parts here and there.

Around in Feb, I went to start my car one day and it wouldn't crank. Everything would come on but when I tried to crank it. It wouldn't say anything. About 15 mins later, it started.

I didn't have any issues until about 3 weeks ago, when it started doing it all the time. Early in the morning, it starts up with no problem. Once it starts to get hot, that's when the struggling starts. Like yesterday was warm, it gave me problem. Took 30 mins to get it to crank up 3 times. Today since its cooler outside, started up 4 times with no issues.

Sometimes it would start up in a couple mins, sometimes around 10 mins or longer.
When it wouldn't crank, I noticed that my Security light keeps blinking but when it cranks the light turn solid and goes off.

I have tried rubbing alcohol on key and cleaning the ignition. Once I put it on the key, the car did good for 3 days then started back.

I have replaced the starter which need to be replace. I have checked the fuses. I know it could be few things. Dealership said they can make a new key for 32 dollars if that's the problem. I read about the Vats bypass but I never have solder before.

One mechanic told me that the locking cylinder could be issue as well. Also the ECM.... Idk just trying to figure out something
Old 08-30-2017, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The main thing I notice is that when I put my key in and turn it to where the Accessories come on the light will either turn solid and it cranks and it keep flashing and won't crank

Quick Reply: What could be the issue with this No crank No start?