Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which PCV valve

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which PCV valve

I recently replaced my motor in a 2005 chevy avalanche with one out of a 2001 silverado. I just used the lower end. I replaced everything up top with stock components off the avalanche. (Heads, intake, and all the sensors) I noticed a difference in the drivers side valve cover where the PCV valve is. The old one is the old style, removable PCV valve, but the newer one is built into the valve. cover. I didn't have the PCV so just decided to use the newer style vavle cover from the avalache. Now it smokes on start up like the PCV is bad. It was not bad when I removed it from the other motor. Is there a difference in the operation of the two different PCV's and can I swap them without issues? Should I put the older style valve cover back on with the old style PCV?
Old 09-19-2017, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,786 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Run a 3/8" hose from the driver side rear valve cover port to an inline PCV valve. Make sure you have the PCV valve installed correctly in the line and then run the other end of the other 3/8" hose to the intake manifold and your done. Swapping valve covers may be possible it just depends on the baffles clearing the rocker arms.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced the new style valve cover with the old one with a new pcv. It fit okay and seems to be working. I think the new valve cover was clogged. I couldn't get air through it either way. I soaked it in some cleaner and it finally started working. But I already have the other one on. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: which PCV valve