Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ORY and Electric Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORY and Electric Cutout

Has anyone ever run an ORY and Electric cutout dumping at the rear axle? I've put the cutout on my car at the rear axle passenger side, and am thinking of adding an ORY to get a little more sound. I'm still running the stock headers and muffler and want to keep the muffle and tips stock for looks and sound when the cutout is closed.

Any advice is welcomed. I'm on a budget and it looks like this might be the next best step. I don't want to to LT's and have the car be too loud even with the cutout closed and regret the bigger purchase. My thoughts are if I still want it to be louder after the year of running an ORY and cutout, I can still get the Headers installed next year.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

thousands have...

consensus is that under passenger side rear floorboard is the best place. Have it exit out to the side at a 45* angle.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full-Force
thousands have...

consensus is that under passenger side rear floorboard is the best place. Have it exit out to the side at a 45* angle.
I've already got the qtp installed on the stock exhaust setup. I'm more curious about what I'll gain from installing an OR Y pipe st this point.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Getting an ORY but keeping stock manifolds would be a waste of time, and you couldn't reuse that ORY down the line when you did decide to do headers.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

been seriously think about doing an electric cutout at the end of the I pipe where it starts to go up over the axle, facing straight back. Saw some ridiculously cheap priced valves on ebag. could do the whole job for under $50 and have some fun with my MIG.

Quick Reply: ORY and Electric Cutout