Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals exhaust/torque arm problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 06:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default True Duals exhaust/torque arm problems

So i have two issues.....I recently installed a set of Speed Engineering True duals and UMI's torque arm and relocation bracket. The bracket initially didn't fit bc of the welded on drive shaft loop mounting points hitting the exhaust. My exhaust guy had to cut off loops mounting points but the bracket still presses up against the exhaust pretty tight and its causing a lot of vibration in the vehicle now.

Secondly, this exhaust is soooo loud in the car the drone is making it almost un-drive able for me. The lack of back pressure is an issue also bc the throttle response at low rpm is sluggish now. Can i tame those issues with CATS and different mufflers? Anyone have any suggestion?
Old 11-23-2017, 08:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Back pressuuuuuuuuuure!
Old 11-23-2017, 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Happy Thanks Giving to you sir! But what about the back pressure, should I add it back with CATS, is it tunable?
Old 11-23-2017, 09:36 AM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

I cut the bullets off mine and installed DBX flowmasters. Knocked it down a good bit. I have no cats and throttle response is fine. Cats might help kill the drone. So would resonators to break up that straight pipe length.

What is your dynamic compression? That has a lot to do with throttle response. Also if you are a stick shift, what clutch? Guys will throw a ls7 on cause it is cheap but the weight can make the motor lazy
Old 11-23-2017, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
I cut the bullets off mine and installed DBX flowmasters. Knocked it down a good bit. I have no cats and throttle response is fine. Cats might help kill the drone. So would resonators to break up that straight pipe length.

What is your dynamic compression? That has a lot to do with throttle response. Also if you are a stick shift, what clutch? Guys will throw a ls7 on cause it is cheap but the weight can make the motor lazy
I think i'm running stock or close to stock compression, throttle response before the new exhaust was awesome. You suggest high flow cats or standard?
Old 11-23-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

High flow

Quick Reply: True Duals exhaust/torque arm problems