Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP. Vette won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP. Vette won't start.

The other morning I got in to start it and to my surprise I got some clicking instead of a start. I figured well that is the original battery, it must be dead. I went and purchased a new one and hooked it up a few min. ago. Got in the car and nothing, no clicking either. There was a little noise coming from the front of the car by the radiator when I got the battery connected, but nothing after that. I cleaned up some corrosion and everything looks clean now, but I have no power anywhere. After I hooked up the new battery the second time I didn't even get any spark from the positive cable. Is my positive cable bad? What should I do now? thanks.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Was there alot of acid leaking from original battery? There are alot of components under the vettes battery that if acid gets on them, will corrode them and cause problems. Are any of the lamps on the dash illuminated or just no power to anything?? Maybe a fuse blown, from removal and reinstall of battery?? just a few checks. Good luck

Clint
Old 07-02-2004, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

did you check/pull some fuses make sure those didn't go out as well?

i had a problem with a 94 gt my friend owns, his battery got all corroded and went to ****, then his computer fried cause of it. have you tried to hook up any diagnostics to the computer?
T
Old 07-02-2004, 02:16 AM
Launching!

It's running now, the corrosion was really bad underneath the rubber on the pos. cable. I hit it with some cleaner and a wire brush. However, I'm having a really bad problem with a reduced engine power warning. It keeps coming on and I don't know what's up. I guess I have to find someone to scan it for me, maybe just a bad sensor. I saw where soem of the acid leaked on the some of the wire by the fuse box. Didn't look like anything was really affected though since it didn't go throught the coating. Fuses are all in check also.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

go to murrays or autozone and scan your car for free.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Launching!

Does Checkers do that also? I don't recall seeing Murray's or Autozone here in Hawaii.