Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PaceSetter ORY vibration and banging remedied

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PaceSetter ORY vibration and banging remedied

I got rid of my car's interior vibration problem this morning by cutting off the ORY tab on the driver's side with a pneumatic rotary cutting tool and the banging with a piece of radiator hose. Thank GOD! My car is such a joy to ride again. I had been dealing with the vibration since Monday. The banging I started experiencing today after I cut off the tab. But this was a quick fix. I got a 2' long piece of radiator hose that I found at my dad's shop and squeezed it in between the floorboard and the ORY where it was banging. Thanks again to all who posted regardind this issue and to LS1TECH's SEARCH FEATURE.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at least you USE the SEARCH FEATURE!!
Old 07-02-2004, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can also fix this if you can find some hangers with rubber on the ends and weld hangers at each side of the Y pipe. This holds it in place, pushing it from the car a little bit too, while not letting it bump. Also the rubber peice so there is no hanger to frame (metal to metal) contact limits the interior vibrations.