Bank 2 lean - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bank 2 lean

Old 12-21-2018, 10:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Bank 2 lean

Im posting this here as well because at this point we don't think it's fuel we think mechanical. So im at the dyno and every thing was fine pulled 556hp and now all of a sudden bank 2 is running lean where as bank 1 is greag. They tried new wires, plugs, tested the coils, checked fuel injectors andalso used new o2 sensors. Their isnt any error codes that im aware of it's showing on the dyno screen. So my question is if everything is fine as well as fuel pressue then how is one side lean and the other not if every thing is checking out fine. He literally didn't touch it after he shut it off he turned it back on and the idling was weird which is how we knew something was up. Doesnt make sense to any of us.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

If it's all the sudden lean and idling different it has a leak or a problem, that you'll have to look for.

I'd start with checking intake gaskets and injector seals on bank 2 (passenger side)

A random hose or something like that being off should effect both banks. That's why I said intake and injector seals
Old 12-21-2018, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS View Post
If it's all the sudden lean and idling different it has a leak or a problem, that you'll have to look for.

I'd start with checking intake gaskets and injector seals on bank 2 (passenger side)

A random hose or something like that being off should effect both banks. That's why I said intake and injector seals
the shop literally ripped off the intake and replaced everything with new from the o2 to the injectors and in between and all the voltage is fine.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Now they are saying potentially alternater I find that one very hard to believe. Its brand new.
Old 12-22-2018, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Careful, all 4 rotors may be warped too if the left bank runs lean.
Old 12-22-2018, 09:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by trilkb View Post
Careful, all 4 rotors may be warped too if the left bank runs lean.
hahahaha. I highly doubt it's the alt but I guess check blinker fluid as well lol
Old 12-22-2018, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

Did you check for exhaust leaks on passenger side? If exhaust gets out, air gets in. Reads lean
Old 12-25-2018, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r View Post
Did you check for exhaust leaks on passenger side? If exhaust gets out, air gets in. Reads lean
I recently bought a set of lightly used ARH headers from a forum member as part of my engine rebuild. Sent them out for ceramic coating. The coating shop found one of the header primaries seams split at the seam weld. About a 1" long split. I was debating for a while whether it was worth the money to coat them on my daily driver. Then I was thinking how long I would have spent trying to chase down my lean running conditions if I hadn't. The split was only noticeable after the headers were cleaned and sand blasted for prep. Best $325 I probably spent on the build.

Based on OP description I would look for things that could be affected by heat cycles. Exhaust and exhaust gaskets would be at top of list.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe a leak around the header flange. Those are hard to see.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

I just went through this. Read my 0171 code thread for some insight. Check the grounds first. I found my problem to be at the coil pack harness plug. Some brake cleaner and dielectric grease cured the plugin. The code reading turned out to be a false positive. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: