Notices
Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this the SLP D/D exhaust?

Old 12-31-2018, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Tomorrow, I will try to find my SLP 2OTL and snap a picture of the inside of the muffler. They are both very similar.

Cutout vs SLP Dual /Dual ~7whp vs a cut out on the typical FLP headers & Y pipe set ups common at the time.

My T/A with Hookers LT's and the big Mufflex Y pipe set up was ~10 whp hp cut out vs the SLP Dual /Dual. Above 485-500 whp the dual / dual started to become restrictive costing more than 10 whp. I would imagine 20 years later there are catback as good or better. The SLP exhaust tips of that era left a lot to be desired
Old 12-31-2018, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great catback. It was super quiet when my car was stock, barely louder than a standard SS/WS6 catback. Even now with LT's, O/R Y and a cam it is very reasonable and sounds awesome driving around normally and at idle, not quiet but not crazy either. However, don't be fooled, it will get pretty loud under hard acceleration that is for sure.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A View Post
The SLP exhaust tips of that era left a lot to be desired
Agree about the tips, and also didn't like the cannon tips that came with my current Magnaflow exhaust (same type of muffler as the dd, same muffler inlet/outlet diameters), so I replaced the entire tailpipes with turndown style pipes from the 80's-era Firebird. It turns out you can still buy these new (at least as of a year ago), and stainless also. They fit pretty well on the fbody, but some hanger work is required.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: