Looking for throttle cable part number - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for throttle cable part number

Old 01-01-2019, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Default Looking for throttle cable part number

Hi folks,

I am hoping someone can help. I've been scouring the web including ebay, amazon and various of my favorite part shops online for a specific part and I'm lost. I can't seem to find what I am looking for anywhere.

I've got a 2000 Trans Am with Traction Control that has a busted throttle cable. You can see the damage below. It broke where the cable is connected to the bracket near the throttle body.

I'd like to replace it but I guess I'm not searching for the right thing. Anyone able to help identify the part number? Ideally I'd like to get a new part if possible and keep traction control.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Have you tried a GM dealer, or perhaps GM Parts Direct, Kevin?
This part shows as 12563243 on GM Parts Direct website. However, they no longer carry it/may be out of production. However, I’m sure that there is a new one, somewhere. Good Luck. Here is their webpage... Glenn. https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-p...e-control-scat

Last edited by gMAG; 01-02-2019 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-01-2019, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Could probably get that from a Fbody salvage yard
Old 01-02-2019, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys. Hopefully it's not too tough to find. I guess I'm going to start with looking for a used one to get the car back on the road quickly and then go from there to try to find a new one.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Short term you can run zip ties in a criss cross pattern around the mounting bracket and what's left of the plastic clips. It'll take a few minutes of looking at it to see how it works, but it'll get you back on the road. Just be warned that the cable itself is probably stretched out and needs to be replaced regardless.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: