Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for throttle cable part number

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for throttle cable part number

Hi folks,

I am hoping someone can help. I've been scouring the web including ebay, amazon and various of my favorite part shops online for a specific part and I'm lost. I can't seem to find what I am looking for anywhere.

I've got a 2000 Trans Am with Traction Control that has a busted throttle cable. You can see the damage below. It broke where the cable is connected to the bracket near the throttle body.

I'd like to replace it but I guess I'm not searching for the right thing. Anyone able to help identify the part number? Ideally I'd like to get a new part if possible and keep traction control.

Old 01-01-2019, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you tried a GM dealer, or perhaps GM Parts Direct, Kevin?
This part shows as 12563243 on GM Parts Direct website. However, they no longer carry it/may be out of production. However, I’m sure that there is a new one, somewhere. Good Luck. Here is their webpage... Glenn. https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-p...e-control-scat

Last edited by gMAG; 01-02-2019 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-01-2019, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 799 Likes on 609 Posts

Could probably get that from a Fbody salvage yard
Old 01-02-2019, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. Hopefully it's not too tough to find. I guess I'm going to start with looking for a used one to get the car back on the road quickly and then go from there to try to find a new one.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Short term you can run zip ties in a criss cross pattern around the mounting bracket and what's left of the plastic clips. It'll take a few minutes of looking at it to see how it works, but it'll get you back on the road. Just be warned that the cable itself is probably stretched out and needs to be replaced regardless.