Motor Mounts Difference - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor Mounts Difference

Old 01-04-2019, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Default Motor Mounts Difference

1967 Camaro with 96 [Camaro] LT1 swap (with TH700r). Purchased vehicle with completed swap.

Swap was poorly done and I am having major issues with engine and electrical. (I honestly believe the previous owner sold it because of the issues. It was running when purchased.)

I want to upgrade to an LS engine - either from truck (LM7) or Corvette/Camaro (LS1).

Can anyone tell me if the there is a difference between the motor mounts between these two engines? Will I have to change/modify the mounts to swap in the LS?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2019, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

You will indeed have to change mounts. You’ll be ahead of the game if you’ll purchase a package, meaning mounts that are made by a manufacturer that also makes the headers, and oil pans designed around their mounts. I’d look into Holley. They sell a package deal that will keep you from trying to piece something together, only to find out that the $700 you spent on headers was a waste because they don’t fit with another company’s mounts. You follow me?
Old 01-07-2019, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
You will indeed have to change mounts. Youíll be ahead of the game if youíll purchase a package, meaning mounts that are made by a manufacturer that also makes the headers, and oil pans designed around their mounts. Iíd look into Holley. They sell a package deal that will keep you from trying to piece something together, only to find out that the $700 you spent on headers was a waste because they donít fit with another companyís mounts. You follow me?
Thank you for the response.
That's good information. I was afraid I would have to change mounts. But, that's a great idea to buy from the same company. I will look into Holley.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

+1 to Holley. I replaced the LM7 truck pan with a Holley 302-2 oil pan. Hooker Holley Blackheart headers and one inch forward bias engine mounts topped it all off.

Rick

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: