Notices
Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which heads?

Old 01-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Yeah that's what I'm working with. It's hard to make my mind up on parts because there's so many options and combos other people are doing so I don't know where to start with mine. I came up with leaving the bottom end alone with the exception of new hardware to hold it all together. Pac1218 springs for the heads. Ls9 gaskets to hold up to the boost. After that I'm lost. Was thinking BTR stage 2 turbo cam but not sure if I'll need to do anything with lifters and push rods or a good turbo to work with it.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:41 AM
Restricted User

Go get another set of 706/862 heads.
If you find someone with enough of these engines sitting around, they will probably give you some. I have so much trouble selling them that I put them on the curb for scrappers to grab.
If you want to get them cleaned up that's fine. If you mill them, you might need aftermarket pushrods.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Teching In

I can get them pretty cheap at the scrap yard. I just gotta go pull them. I guess I gotta look at the casting marks under the rockers. I'm supposed to look for a battery thing before I go taking them off. Supposibly the other ones that don't have theark are known to crack.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Restricted User

862s aren't known for cracking like the castech 706 heads are. They're the same head, different companies though. The 706 heads may or may not have that battery mark. 862s will not.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:00 AM
Teching In

My cousin has a set of 706 heads with the battery mark on them but his will be reused for his own. I tried though lol. That's okay I'll get a set.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: