Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting MAP sensor front vs back on FAST 102?

Old 02-22-2019, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Mounting MAP sensor front vs back on FAST 102?

So from what I understand, the 102's place the MAP port in a different location than the 92. This leads to clearance issues with the f cars.

I know that the FAST gives the option to either drill out the front or the rear.

Which location are you guys going with?

If I choose the front does this affect tuning? Is the rear a better location for a measurement? Does it matter?

Also, will I need to fabricate an extension harness or are their premade ones that look more factory?

Thanks
Old 02-22-2019, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

When I changed my intakes I debated on buying the extension harness for the front. I decided against it and reused the rear. As far as I am aware, it's a personal preference that really shouldn't make that big of a difference. Fast allowe you to choose based on which engine you have. LS1s in the rear. Ls2s in the front for example.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
When I changed my intakes I debated on buying the extension harness for the front. I decided against it and reused the rear. As far as I am aware, it's a personal preference that really shouldn't make that big of a difference. Fast allowe you to choose based on which engine you have. LS1s in the rear. Ls2s in the front for example.
It’s seems like this is a “hit and miss” thing. I would personally locate mine on the front behind the throttle body to be safe and for accessibility. I first ran my map on the rear and it got broken off. It is now located on the front of my 99 trans am. No tuning problems and I bought the extension from summit racing for around $30.00

Search this Thread