Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSU4.9 sensor damage?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Default LSU4.9 sensor damage?

I have to do a key dance without starting the car to enable the racetronix pump to build enough fuel pressure prior to starting the car. I've replaced the fuel pressure regulator which is stock, and also the fuel filter. As I understand it,this is a common issue with these pumps. Building the fuel pressure typically involves cycling the key so that the fuel pump turns on, stops, turn the key off, then on, and then it turns on the pump again to build enough pressure. There is no way to increase the time that the fuel pump builds pressure prior to starting the car using HP turners, so it requires doing a key cycle.

I had my LSU4.9 sensor from my innovate LC-2 get damaged over time. Since then, I've replaced it. Is anyone powering the LC-2 controller off of its own relay which is not turned on until after the engine is started to extend the life of these LSU4.9 bosch wideband senors? I'm using the stock ECU so rather than a stand-alone controller without an engine speed input so perhaps this isn't a concern?

http://www.nzefi.com/bosch-lsu-wide-...-applications/
Old 05-06-2019, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

If you run a 1 way check valve right after the pump it may help build and maintain pressure. That's how we kept pressure in the line back in the dark ages lol