Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tach, fuel, temp guage don’t work

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 06:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tach, fuel, temp guage don’t work

Hi, I hope this is the right place for this post, if not, let me know and I’ll move it. I have a 99 Camaro that was a stock V6 car that I dropped a 6.0 into. PCM is 0411 from an 2001 pickup. All the gauges work on my stock cluster except rpm, temp, and fuel level. I kept the star connector and I connected the green wire to the right in the pic, to the PCM port 58 blue connector serial data to OBD2 Port. Which was my understanding how these gauges got there info from. I also have a ppl/white wire from the guage cluster pin B5 starter relay coil supply voltage. It’s not hooked up, because I’m not sure where exactly it wants me to connect that too. Hopefully this makes sense, any help is appreciated.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone know if its because the PCM is out of a truck and it is not compatible with the fbody gauges? From what i can tell, these three gauges somehow gather their info from the same pin on the pcm. it gets routed through the star connector and is sent to the gauge cluster where it is displayed. to be honest, i don't understand how that is possible. i feel like I am missing something.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most likely an operating system mismatch.

Quick Reply: Tach, fuel, temp guage don’t work