Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need to upgrade MAF sensor

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2023, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need to upgrade MAF sensor

The Pros And Cons of Ceiling Fans

You could be thinking, send me in the direction of domestic electricians in my area, and let's have this fan installed! However, before calling your local electricians and installing a ceiling fan, there are a few points to consider. Some homeowners swear by their ceiling fan's practicality and efficiency.
Others say that operating the air conditioner is the only way to completely cool a room. The truth is that both arguments are correct, and the ceiling fan has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.

If you're thinking about putting a new ceiling fan in your home but aren't sure if it's the best option for you and your preferences, according to Karren Brady, here are some of the benefits and drawbacks of ceiling fans.

Ceiling fan advantages

They may be able to save you money on your monthly cost
Everybody wants to save money on their monthly payments. Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to save a significant amount of money, especially if you run an air conditioner continuously. One of the advantages of installing a ceiling fan is that it can significantly reduce your monthly energy expenditure.
There are several causes for this. Ceiling fans allow you to use your air conditioner far less. If you have a ceiling fan installed, you will not need to use your air conditioner on some of the milder summer days.
Modern ceiling fans, in particular, are particularly energy efficient. They offer effective cooling while consuming roughly the same amount of power as a high-wattage light bulb. This will save you a lot of money on your monthly energy bill.

Reduce the ambient temperature.
This may be the most significant advantage of these fans. They can significantly improve the overall feel of your room. Regardless of the circumstances, fans can reduce your room temperature by four to five degrees, making the hot months more bearable.
They operate on the principle of forcing the cold air present in the room downwards, resulting in a cooling effect and significantly increasing the comfort of your home.

They can keep you both warm and cool.
Ceiling fans aren't simply for keeping you cool! This is something that few people are aware of. The fan creates a wind by blowing air downwards, which cools your skin through evaporation.
If you want the ceiling fan to keep you warm, simply reverse the blades or change the direction of rotation so that the fan pushes air upwards instead of downwards.

Environmentally-Friendly
Furthermore, ceiling fans use less energy than alternative cooling methods and provide a greener approach to homeownership. According to the US Department of Energy, air conditioners are installed in 75% of US homes, accounting for over 6% of the total energy produced in the country.
Choose a direct current (DC) ceiling fan to conserve even more energy and last longer, reducing the environmental effect of producing a replacement unit.

It can be used in an outdoor setting
You'd think your home electrician was insane if he advised installing an outdoor AC unit. Running your air conditioner when there's any danger of it leaking out an open window or door, let alone running in an entirely outside location, is one of the worst mistakes you can make as a homeowner.
However, patios, porches, and sunrooms may sometimes become hot and stuffy, which is where the ceiling fan comes in.

They can aid in the cooling of a room.
Ceiling fans are a great solution for maintaining a stable temperature in a room. People underestimate the power of ceiling fans to keep a space cool. They believe that air conditioners are the only way to keep a room cool and that it is the only way to get through the hot summer months, but ceiling fans are also a good choice to make your home cool. Now, you can learn about ceiling fans on our website Ceiling Fans Living and here there are many of the best ceiling fans and suitable prices for you.
Although ceiling fans are not as efficient as air conditioners, they are still capable of keeping a room cool even during the warmest summer months. Ceiling fans also have a fairly stable temperature. A ceiling fan will keep the room cool if you leave it running.

They appear to be in good condition.
Ceiling fans have come a long way since they were first seen in the 1990s! There is bound to be a magnificent ceiling fan that will add a gorgeous aesthetic touch to your home, as they come in a large range of sizes, finishes, and styles.
Ceiling fans are a terrific way to brighten up a room while complementing the interior of your home.

Ceiling fan disadvantages

Lighting and cleaning
Ceiling fans can be used to add a decorative touch to a room, and many come with light kits. In terms of lighting options, however, a ceiling fan will be more limited and may not fill an area with light as many dedicated ceiling light bulbs do.
Cleaning fans can sometimes be difficult, especially if they are positioned on high ceilings. Because they move the air, the blades and motor box will accumulate dirt and grime faster than a stationary light bulb and will require more frequent cleaning.

They can be quite loud
One of the major disadvantages of using a ceiling fan is that it may be quite noisy, while air conditioners can also be quite obnoxious. Air conditioners are typically kept outside, where most people inside the house cannot hear them.
Ceiling fans are extremely loud, and some people may be unable to endure them. Because of the loudness, ceiling fans cannot be installed in bedrooms unless the individuals sleeping there do not mind the sound.

They can provide a small amount of heat to a room
Ceiling fans are intended to promote ventilation and circulation in a room, resulting in a more comfortable and cooler environment. However, because ceiling fans employ electric motors, the operation of the motors automatically adds some heat to the space.
If the room where you intend to put your ceiling fan is large, the modest amounts of heat produced by the fan's motor are unlikely to make a significant impact on the overall cooling effect that the fan has on the space.
However, in a smaller room, the small amount of heat generated may be noticeable, especially if the outside temperature is exceptionally high. In such cases, an AC unit may be more beneficial because all mechanical operation occurs out of sight and only filtered, cold air enters the room.

It can also be hazardous
When positioned at low heights, these fans might pose a significant risk to your safety. It is critical to consider the heights of your family members and any visitors to your home before placing them.
If you do not do this, the fans may get into contact with your bodily parts, particularly your head, doing havoc. This can also be hazardous to your children if they play near the fans.

Are Ceiling Fans a Good Investment?
Let's run some numbers. A ceiling fan costs $0.01 per hour, whereas an air conditioner costs $0.36 per hour. Even if your AC bills are lowered by a few cents, ceiling fans may still be worthwhile. When utilized in conjunction with an air conditioner, ceiling fans can assist save 4 to 8 percent on cooling expenditures.
Ceiling fans can be a worthwhile investment if you reside in a location where you can use them instead of air conditioners on extremely hot days. However, while ceiling fans promote the circulation of cool air and provide a wind-chill effect, they can still result in wasted energy and money if the benefits are not utilized.
If you’re ready to get the Best Ceiling Fan, we’ve summarized a list of the best product reviews through customer ratings and the ultimate ceiling fan buying guide here. Check now!

Last edited by Mark Walhberg; 01-31-2024 at 02:19 AM.
Old 12-25-2023, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 223 Likes on 199 Posts

Camshaft? headers? Factory exhaust?
Old 12-25-2023, 08:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 865 Likes on 661 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

My 85mm MAF fit the 98mm lid.
Old 12-25-2023, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

98 mm fast toys lid to a ZO6 85mm maf, 4" coupler to NW 102 throttle body
Old 12-26-2023, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 169 Likes on 118 Posts

I've seen multiple logs done back to back where a 4" tube with ls3/7 maf gained over a "zo6" maf. Yes, even on a stockish setup. Extremely minor, so if you already have the zo6, and your mostly stock, I wouldn't bother. But the more work you do the more it will become a restriction. If you haven't purchased one yet, id skip the smaller setup for sure.
The following users liked this post:
BFK86 (12-26-2023)
Old 12-26-2023, 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by bthomas
I've seen multiple logs done back to back where a 4" tube with ls3/7 maf gained over a "zo6" maf. Yes, even on a stockish setup. Extremely minor, so if you already have the zo6, and your mostly stock, I wouldn't bother. But the more work you do the more it will become a restriction. If you haven't purchased one yet, id skip the smaller setup for sure.
Yeah on the dyno we tried the stock MAF because the 85mm MAF i had was giving him trouble, ended up getting another GM 85mm and got that to work, but the stock MAF was down about 10hp from the 85mm. If I were to do it again I'd just go both the LS7 card style in a 4" tube.

Quick Reply: Do I need to upgrade MAF sensor