Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum hose routing help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum hose routing help

Hello,

I'm working on finishing my swap of an lq9 with ls1 accessory/intake & TB into a Nissan 350z.

I'm trying to figure out where I can put my brake booster line (currently hose going into 1). I believe I only have 3 ports (2 in the manifold and 1 in the TB). It is my understanding that the vent in the passenger valve cover (truck valve covers only has 1 port on each) should go to the TB port marked 2 in the image, the PCV in the driver side valve cover should go to 1, I currently have my MAP connected to 3 and I am trying to figure out where I can connect my brake booster line. There is no port on the back of the intake (looks like previous owner of intake had a block off port glued in). I don't know if there is enough clearance in the back to add anything either (pic 2).

The EGR port has a block off plate as well. Can I T the brake booster into the PCV hose going to 1? Is there another better solution? Appreciate any help you may be able to provide!

Last edited by MitchHH; 03-11-2024 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 478 Likes on 383 Posts

So basically, the previous owner ruined your intake. I wouldn't want to T into the PCV system. You're going to have to bite the bullet and get a different intake or figure out how to add a nipple to the "block off plate" on the back.
Old 03-12-2024, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,308 Posts

You will need to remove the intake and install a 3/8 hose end into the block off plate so you can connect the brake booster. Passenger valve cover to port 2 or the throttle body is good as is. The port on the driver side valve cover would go to port 1 on the intake with an inline PCV valve in the line just before port 1 and you can still use port 3 for the map sensor.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. Would it not be easier to add a 3/8 hose end to the EGR blockoff plate in the front and have the same effect (same vacuum on front of manifold vs rear). Also, mine is an 04 LQ9, I don't believe they run a actual 1 way valve with the PCV but that the driver side valve cover has small hole built into the pcv port.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 478 Likes on 383 Posts

In theory, you could do that. I'm just wondering if there would be any issue with running so many vacuum sources to one end of the intake.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

My vacuums all run to a distributor block and I don't have any issues. I have 1 port that is fed from the intake to the distribution block to the brake booster and all the small vacuums going into the block, this includes lines for turbo and catch can.
Old 03-13-2024, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,308 Posts

I thought that was an LS1 valve cover over there but I can see that it's a later version so no to the inline PCV valve. Not sure if there's a reason why the brake booster hose connects to the back of the intake but it's been that way on everyone I've seen and maybe there's a reason why the engineers designed it that way.

Quick Reply: Vacuum hose routing help