Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to attach DBC cable stop to aftermarket intake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to attach DBC cable stop to aftermarket intake?

Hello all
I recently purchased a 1991 Camaro with a 5.3L truck motor (iron block and 706 cathedral port cylinder heads) swapped into it.
The OEM tall truck intake was retained so I purchased a aftermarket alloy low profile intake to replace the tall plastic truck intake.
I did this because the previous owner had cut up the hood of the Camaro to allow for clearance for this tall intake.
I have since purchased an original Z28 hood for the car that is not butchered so the car will look better to me.
The engine has a throttle body that is actuated by a cable rather than a drive by wire setup. I have also purchased a 102mm aftermarket throttle body to go with the alloy intake.
The OEM truck manifold has a metal bracket for the stationary cable stop that attaches to a couple of post mounts that are cast into the top of the passenger's side of the intake.
How do a replicate this cable stop attachment point on the aftermarket alloy intake? There does not seem to be any provision for this cable stop attachment point.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Here are a couple photos of the alloy intake I have purchased for the engine.

black alloy aftermarket low profile intake

Alloy plenum intake and 102mm throttle body

Cable actuated throttle body and cable stop bracket

In case anyone is interested here is the hack job the previous owner did on the hood so it would clear the tall truck intake.

Hacked up Gen 3 Camaro hood

Last edited by Sven Lotus; 04-01-2024 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 478 Likes on 383 Posts

You're going to hate that intake, they're junk. Kills a ton of low end torque. I wouldn't use it under any circumstances, myself. You'd be better off finding an LS1 or LS6 intake used, which has provisions for a throttle cable. However, if you really want to use it, here's your fix: https://www.ictbillet.com/ls1-thrott...-manifold.html
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (04-02-2024)

Quick Reply: How to attach DBC cable stop to aftermarket intake?