Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Jet Hot headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Jet Hot headers

I put in Jet Hot headers and an LS6 intake manifold last week on my car , and just got my true dual exhaust done yesterday. My headers went in really easily. The hard parts was trying to pull out the old exhaust manifolds, and cats, but I lowered th K-memeber about an inch, and the headers slid right in without a problem. They fit in real nicely too. No clearence issues with the floor pan or K-member. My exhaust is real nice too. Sounds great, and looks good. The only beef I have is that the shop I had it done at pounded in my floor pan in the driveshaft tunnel right under my back seats to clear my mufflers, but when I look at it it doesn't seem that was nessicary. I don't know what to do about that. I am kind of pissed about it.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Launching!

Tell them your in the mafia and you will have your revenge
Old 07-28-2004, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does it feel now after the headers and intake. I'll be doing the same soon.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

THAT IS TOTAL BULLSH1T....We all deserve the right to know what shop pounded on your floor pan so we never have to have that happen to us. I'm so pissed off and its not even my car. I think it would be all I could do from knocking that dip-**** out if he didn't give me the whole install for free!
Old 07-29-2004, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go back there and tell them that if they dont repair it you will be talking to your lawyer. They need to ask you before they modify (or in their case dent the hell out of) any part of your car. Make them fix it and do it asap because if you let it slide and it causes you any problems in the future your screwed if you dont do something about it now. Also, tell them you want your money back or some of your money back as well or you will inform everyone you know about what they did and not to go to their shop. Trust me when it comes to reputation a shop wont be happy if your telling people they did awful work so they will fix it.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

post some pics so we can see the denting of the floorplan
Old 07-30-2004, 02:18 AM
Staging Lane

Do you think the dents will affect my chassis. I tried to get the dents back out, but it didn't work to well. I got it done at Exhaust Pros. So what do I do to get it fixed? Tell them to do it, or have it taken to a body shop and have them pay for it? I will try to post some pics of the dents. Before I had the work done I even showed them pictures of the set up I wanted from some Pics I got off of LS1sounds.com. And the pictures didn't show dented floor pans.