Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have Borla, thinking about the LM though

Old 07-29-2004, 03:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I have Borla, thinking about the LM though

So here's the deal, I have a 00' SS camaro, When I bought the car it had and slp Y pipe, and borla exhaust. I think the car sounds pretty good, real loud, but I think I want to go w/ a different exhaust. I really like the sound of the SLP LM, and I like the price too, so I'm really leaning toward that. Another reason is I don't like the setup on the Borla, the idea of one pipe in the muffler and the other straight through, can this really be good for tuning? Another thing, like I said before the exhaust was already on the car when I bought it, is the baffle's i guess you would call them, for the pie straight through were all taken out, so it truly is a straight pipe. So when the car idles, one pipe sounds nice and tuned through the muffler, but the straight pipe sounds like a diesel truck. I dunno, but I'm really diggin' the LM, just wanted peoples input. thanks
Old 07-29-2004, 07:45 AM
TECH Resident

keep the borla. if you swap, the lm will be maybe 25-50 percent louder outside the car but inside itll be 200 percent louder. the interior noise on a car with just a loudmouth catback is amazing to me. i know what youre saying about the sound from each pipe with borla though, i dont like it either. of course, if you like noise then by all means swap to the lm. it does live up to its name and youll probably be able to sell the borla for about as much as a loudmouth costs.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll trade ya straight up. I'll even polish my loudmouth so it looks like chrome.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I completely agree with you on the Borla, one pipe sounding like a diesel truck. Get the LM and both pipes will sound like a diesel truck though. Have you considered dual exhaust?
Old 07-29-2004, 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

From what I've read and heard, I think I'm gonna stay away from the LM, seeing as how I do have plans for motor work in the future. So for now I think i'm just going to stay w/ the Borla.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:08 AM
Staging Lane

Default loudmouth

if u plan on keeping stock manifolds and cats go with the loudmouth. i bought the loudmouth on my stock car and it sounded amazing, i really liked it. if u plan on getting headers and no cats then don't even think about the lm. i now have lt's and offroad pipe through a loudmouth and it just sounds like ****. i don't even like driving the car anymore. tsp true duals are on the way.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You should go with true duals, the most amazing sound!!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Get the LM, get a catted y pipe from TSP, and LTs you will be happy with it. Everyone always talks about the LM like its a piece of ****. its really a good setup. It works great for some and awful for others. But under the right application it does really well and sounds great.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

FWIW try playing with a different disc on your Borla I think you might change your mind. On the street I have a disc with a 1/2" hole, and at the track I open her wide. Next year I'm considering t/d's as well if I can get a good deal
on something in s.s. Good luck.

Search this Thread