Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Jet Hots and Hooker ory this thursday!!!

Old 08-01-2004, 01:22 PM
formerly BlacKSS2oo2 (9-20-2012)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installing Jet Hots and Hooker ory this thursday!!!

I have 02 ss and me and my friend are going to install Jet hots lt's and Hooker ory this thursday. If anyone has any info on special tools or info that could make this a painless as possible plz respond. I am wanting to know if it is true about the shaving of the block tabs. I also remeber about a newby guide or something, cant remeber...

anyways thanks as always..
Old 08-01-2004, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

I didn't need to grind down the block, but I did have to grind down the K-member on the driver's side so one of the primaries wouldn't hit. Also, on the passenger's side, the primary on cylinder 6 had to be dented a little so it wouldn't rest against the heater box. Other than that, just be sure you get the front of the car high enough, take out all the AIR/EGR stuff, and have some extensions (1", 3", 6").

I put the rear wheels on rhino ramps and the front on jackstands right under the K-member. You might still have to twist the headers around a bit to get it in the right angle, but it's possible. Be sure to take off the oil filter and unbolt the oil diverter plate right next to it. Use some anti-seize on the header bolts once you go to re-install them. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:47 PM
TECH Junkie

pull oil filter, oil diverter plate, sterring knuckle/shaft, starter, plug wires, spark plugs, and obviously the mainifolds and they should slip right in. Key to these headers is height. get the car up as high as you can. If you get it up high enough you can almost put these headers in without even scrathing them on anything.
Old 08-01-2004, 06:17 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

read the exhaust sticky or link in my sig.

Search this Thread