Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What SLP options does my car have?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What SLP options does my car have?

I was just thinking about different exhaust/header/y-pipe options to add to my car, but then I wonder if I already have a good setup from the factory.

I know I have the dual/dual, and on the passanger door panel the sticker states SLP High Performance Exhaust as one of the options that was added. Does this mean that all they added was the d/d, or did they add other upgrades to the exhaust? How can I find this info out? I thought I had read somewhere that you can enter the VIN number and get all the info on your car. Where can I do that?
Old 08-01-2004, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as the exhaust goes the only thing added is the SLP dual/dual catback. There are no other upgrades to the manifolds or y-pipe. I am not sure where you can retrieve your information based on the VIN number but i'm sure someone will tell you where.

Also, there is no problem with replacing the SLP dual/dual, it is a reasonable catback but I believe it is not the loudest or most free flowing. If you decide to purchase a new catback it will be rather easy to sell the stock SLP dual/dual. Good luck with whatever route you go.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your last post just like this one was moved to the proper section:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/special-edition-vehicles/199403-what-slp-options-does-my-car-have.html