Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing plate on my Borla Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004 | 10:36 PM
10 Second Club

Default Changing plate on my Borla Exhaust

I have Borla exhaust on my SS, and had a question on the passenger side pipe. The system was already installed on the car when I bought it, so I'm not exactly sure how the whole thing works. What exactly do I have to do to adjust the "plate" i guess is it, and where do I want it set for the best sound and mostly the performace part. Thanks

A

Last edited by Lastoria24; 08-01-2004 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-02-2004 | 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

there's three bolts that hold the passenger side exhaust tip to the over the axle pipe. the plate is sandwiched in between. just undo the bolts and pull out the old plate if there is one and slide the new plate in and replace the bolts, youre done.
when i first got my exhaust i ran the biggest plate but ive now switched to no plate at all. no plate is a slight fraction louder than running the biggest plate but youd only notice if you switched after driving the car for a few months. ive heard that the midsize plate makes the most torque but theres not much of a difference between any of the plates powerwise.
Old 08-02-2004 | 01:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well, you don't adjust the plate thats in it. You change it out to another plate with a different size hole in it. System comes with 4 plates. One full block off so all exhaust goes thru muffler and then 3 different size hole plates to let some exhaust run straight out. The smallest hole seems to have good bottom end power but I lose some at high revs. Biggest hole is too loud for me and seems put out less power. Middle size hole works the best on my WS6. It's that flange with the 3 bolts in a Y pipe that splits one pipe into the muffler and the other goes straight out to the right exhaust tip. Once you open it up you will see how it works. You can even make your own plates.

Quick Reply: Changing plate on my Borla Exhaust