Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modifying dynomax bullet meffler - more staccato?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Modifying dynomax bullet meffler - more staccato?

Im currently running true duals with 2.5" x 12" bullets. While I appreciate the deep and refined tone of the bullets (both in an X pipe config and in my older dynomouth setup), I feel as though the bullets eliminate too much of the crisp sound frequencies leaving only a low rumble behind. this is especially apparent at idle and at part throttle. Anything above 3K and it sunds great! Unfortuneately I cant drive around all day every day at WOT. I want to get back that crisp staccato you hear in many of the chambered mufflers. Id like to hear a little clack-clack-clack at idle.

Heres my question. Would tack welding a 1.5" pipe inside the 2.5" bullet allow some of the unmuffled sound to escape without adding much additional volume? Just enough to give it an edgy sound. Would running a pipe within a pipe introduce too much turbulence and thus restriction?

Thanks,
-T
Old 08-05-2004, 02:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have duals and I know what your taking about, mine are soo deep that it covers up some of the lope.