Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished whole exhuast install

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finished whole exhuast install

It took my dad and I about 16 hours to remove all of the old exhaust components and put on all the new stuff. All in all, everything went pretty smooth other than some of the Stage 8 locking header bolts that would not fit. Being my first time working on a LS1, I'm very satisfied with the finished results. The fact that both headers slipped right in and the y pipe was a perfect fit (other than having to hammer the ends out so they would fit over the collectors) made everything a lot easier. Thanks to everyone for the advice and suggestions that helped to get it done. Surprisingly the car doesn't seem to be running all that rich; plus it sounds amazing. Any suggestions for my next mod, I'm thinking OEM gunmetal Z06 wheels. Also, all the old exhaust components will be for sale in the "for sale" section.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Kooks makes a bad *** header don't they? I didn't have any problems getting them in once the car was high enough.

I think you should go with polished or chrome Z06 wheels, would look great with your red car. There is a guy on ebay selling polished 17/18 z06 wheels for $490 plus shipping! I'll pm you with the link if you'd like. He's also got the same wheels in silver for $420 I think. If you get an SS hood next, then I think you should get some silver berger style stripes and a wings west grille insert painted red. Finish the look of with some retro z/28 badges. That would be KICK ***! Sometimes I wish my car was red!

Good luck, and be sure to let us know what you decide on in the future, it's always good to hear other peoples experiences.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Congrats on the install. Once you do headers, any other install on the car is cake...
Old 08-08-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kpowr82
Kooks makes a bad *** header don't they? I didn't have any problems getting them in once the car was high enough.
The headers are very bad ***, the fit and quality are amazing. I'm glad I decided to go with the best to start even though it cost me double the money.

Chrome Z06 wheels are also something i'm looking into. They look great on a red car, but also attract a lot of attention from the law enforcement. All of your suggestions would look really good, they'll just come slowly (I make $7.50/hour). I would go with OEM Z06 wheels though since the replicas tend to be quite a bit heavier. I'm going to be patient with buying wheels since college is going to be starting up soon and I still don't have a computer to take with me. I still need to give education the priority.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ELS1
Congrats on the install. Once you do headers, any other install on the car is cake...
Ha. Try the oil pump pick up tube bolt.