Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Intake Help! (please)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 04:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 Intake Help! (please)

Hey I am curious... I am doing a friends LS6 intake. I bought the coolant plugs from TSP, I got them and its nothing like the stock one's setup. I cant tell if I got everything or not. What is ALL needed... Do I need front plugs too? What else is needed to do the install... I got it off but dont know what to do from there.

With the rear coolant plug... Does anyone have a pic of what the rear of your LS6 Intake looks like? Please post it and let me know what hoses are being plugged into it. I got a vac line that goes to the brakes and then 2 other things to hook hoses upto but dont know how. Any other install docs on LS6 intake manifolds cuz the one on ls1howto.com he used to front plugs... but not the rear? I am curious and to what the front ones are how much they cost or if they are needed...

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a pic of what I got... What else do I need to get this finished? Let me know ASAP. If anyone has what I need if I need anything else let me know and ill need it over nighted ASAP! Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails LS6 Intake Help! (please)-coolant-pipe.jpg  
Old 08-09-2004, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt... need help guys!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok... I got the coolant plugs information under control thanks to SilverGhost. NOW, I need to find out ASAP what to do about the back of the intake... its diff than any other ls6 intake ive seen. Ive included a pic, can u tell me what this other line is and what is it's function... Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails LS6 Intake Help! (please)-help.jpg  
Old 08-09-2004, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://ls1howto.com/index.php?articl...f7eefa3e6416de
Old 08-09-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for that... but i got it fixed, there was just some other lil bullshit plasic thing on top to cover the hole so it didnt get cloged of anything during transport!