Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers

I am fixing to purchase some DynaTech headers for my '99 SS. I was wondering if anyone had anything bad to say about these headers or any tips to install before i spent that much money.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:00 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

got search
Old 08-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SuperMan44
I am fixing to purchase some DynaTech headers for my '99 SS. I was wondering if anyone had anything bad to say about these headers or any tips to install before i spent that much money.
Are you talking about the Supermaxx system? If you are it is fairly straight forward to install. It comes with everything in the kit even the O2 extensions. You don't need O2 sims because it comes with both holes for front and back O2 sensors. The only thing you really need is a pipe expander for the Y pipe. I rented one from a parts store for free. I've never installed headers before and I did it in one day by myself. It is based on the FLP design but these are stainless. I didn't get any SES lights and I was lucky not to have any leaks. I didn't have any problems with the oil plug either which I guess was a problem with the FLPs. I had it dynoed the next day and picked up 31rwhp and 21rwtq. The car is basically a stock 2000 M6 with a lid and Magnaflow muffler. They tucked up close too.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Teching In

thanks for the info that is what i was looking for