Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pic of sweet thunder mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
I'm redoing my setup this weekend..

AGAIN

2.5" x-pipe $35
2- 2.5" sweet thunders w/ Dr. Gas turndowns $100

My buddy is doing the welding for free..
$135 ain't bad..
not bad at all...i'm just worried about a 2.5" setup b/c eventually my motor will no longer be stock cubes, so when that occurs my exhaust will already be ready. although the ground clearance of 2.5 is nice.....where do you run into hp restrictions with 2.5....500rwhp? more? i didn't think it really started to hurt you til then. not by more then a few hp anyhow.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
not bad at all...i'm just worried about a 2.5" setup b/c eventually my motor will no longer be stock cubes, so when that occurs my exhaust will already be ready. although the ground clearance of 2.5 is nice.....where do you run into hp restrictions with 2.5....500rwhp? more? i didn't think it really started to hurt you til then. not by more then a few hp anyhow.
I'm not really sure when you would run into a restriction with a 2.5" exhaust. But I'm pretty certain that I'll never mod my car to the point of out growing my exhaust..
Old 08-23-2004, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
A good mandrel-bent 2½'' X-pipe system will support 500 rwhp EASILY and most of us are not & probably will not be in that area of power. I choose to go with 2½'' because of the additional ground clearance over a 3'' system & plus, my plans for my car are only going to be around the 430~ rwhp area. So my setup is more than adequate for MY plans.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dug
Actually, Im being serious because they dont come with 3" internals.
maybe its me but i could kinda see the same thing, only not just the inside diameter but the baffles dont look smooth
Old 08-24-2004, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

im sure the sweet chambers wont make as much power as they bullets but we are talking about minimal hp loss. like under 10 rwhp IF THAT. not enough to feel or even care. Anything with baffles will not make as much power as something without, but when done right, the difference would be negligible at best.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:56 AM
Staging Lane

How does the sound compare to flowmaster single chambers?
Old 08-24-2004, 05:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have 500 rwhps, props to you if exhaust is slowin you down! I have heard many things about these sweet thunder mufflers, but i still need to be cammin with the bullets before the change is made.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by David901
How does the sound compare to flowmaster single chambers?
both sound pretty sick, but one has a signature flowmaster sound, the other sounds like sweet chamber mufflers...Ls1sounds.com start doing your research on the difference. both have a deep tone, both have that "chambered muffler" sound, but both sound different, you just have to hear it for yourself honestly.

Goodl uck sorry i couldn't be more help
Travis
Old 08-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slik98z
both sound pretty sick, but one has a signature flowmaster sound, the other sounds like sweet chamber mufflers...Ls1sounds.com start doing your research on the difference. both have a deep tone, both have that "chambered muffler" sound, but both sound different, you just have to hear it for yourself honestly.

Goodl uck sorry i couldn't be more help
Travis
You helped plenty. I'm going the flowmaster route. Just have to get the ***** to install headers!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Aww, headers are nothing, just take your time doing it and take beer breaks. Good luck with the flowmasters!

Quick Reply: pic of sweet thunder mufflers