Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 03:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radiator removal

How do we remove the radiator and fan shroud in F-bodies? I have all 4 hoses disconnected from the water pump and have drained the radiator, unclipped all the fan wiring, but cannot figure out how to get the radiator out without pulling the condener along with it.

Help! (Please!)

-Mike
Old 08-28-2004, 03:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
How do we remove the radiator and fan shroud in F-bodies? I have all 4 hoses disconnected from the water pump and have drained the radiator, unclipped all the fan wiring, but cannot figure out how to get the radiator out without pulling the condener along with it.

Help! (Please!)

-Mike
The condensor is connected to the radiator on the front by 4 tabs. You have to lift up on the condensor and slide it out of those tabs. Once this is done, you can remove the radiator.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Push up on the fan shroud and pull away from the radiator to get the fan shroud loose from the radiator and remove out through the bottom of the car. Then do what the other poster just said, push up on the a/c condenser and pull it away from the radiator, then pull the radiator out the top. Some people say you need two people to remove the radiator, but I got mine out by myself and luckily it wasn't really very hard to do. I think I got lucky.